Innovation Summit Attendance Requirements
Information for Finalists
Deliverables: All finalist team Coaches must complete their online registration and submit the Finalist Acknowledgement Form,W9 (for U.S.-based teams), Code of Conduct, Media Release form and NASA International Visitor Form (for foreign nationals) in order to activate eligibility for the Innovation Summit and compete for the final awards. For more information on finalist deliverables, click here.
Attire: Keep the following things in mind when packing your suitcase:
- During the daytime, you’ll be meeting scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, speakers and presenting your product. For these times, you can dress casual but still look professional, or what the working world calls “business casual”. Look below to a description of reasonable dress from Wikipedia:
- For women: A reasonable length skirt (not mini-skirt) or full-length trousers of a non-jeans material combined with a top (such as a dress shirt, polo, or sweater set) is considered acceptable. An informal dress with appropriate skirt length is also acceptable.
- For men: A combination of collared shirt (such as a dress shirt or polo shirt),cotton trousers (such as khakis or blue, green, brown, or black trousers) with a belt, and modest shoes (such as loafers) with socks is generally acceptable. A blazer or business jacket can optionally be added.
- Unacceptable for either gender: gym clothes, rumpled or ripped clothing, miniskirts, underwear as outerwear, inappropriately revealing attire such as bare midriffs, and flip-flops.
- Note: Business attire (suit, etc) is not required for the day of presentations, but business casual is required. Teams are welcome to dress up if they choose.
- During the evenings, we plan to let loose a little with fun activities. During this time you can be a bit more comfortable.
For everyone: Jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes and sneakers are acceptable.
Information for All Attendees
What to bring: Before you head to the airport there are a few things you can do to be prepared to make the most of the 2012 Innovation Summit.
*Business Cards: You will want to capitalize on the great networking opportunities available to you at the Summit. As many have commented in the past “you will never see so many CEOs in one room” and they are all here wanting to listen to your ideas.
*Twitter: Please help us become a trending topic on Twitter! All you need to do is set up a Twitter account before the Summit and we’ll help you with the rest.
Documentation: ALL attendees at the Innovation Summit must bring one or more form(s) of identification. Use the list below as a reference for acceptable documentation for entering NASA premises:
- U.S. Citizens under 16 years old
- Government issued identification card from the DMV OR
- School identification card
- U.S. Citizens 16 years and older
- Government issued driver’s license
- Government issued identification card from DMV or RMV
- U.S. Passport
- Non U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Government issued Driver’s License (if applicable)